The Most Important Reasons to Visit Istanbul
Many people believe that Istanbul is the capital city of Turkey but it is not. The capital city of Turkey is Ankara and Ankara is the boring one.
Istanbul is the city that has many attractions for local or foreign tourists.
It is the most populated city in Turkey. Officially there are fifteen million habitants in Istanbul while the real number is much higher. Living in such a crowded city is not an easy thing but the reason behind this crow is the beauty and the advantages of living in this city.
If you have never been in Istanbul before and looking for a reason to see it, actually there is more than one reason. Here are some important reasons for visiting Istanbul ;
- It is the only city that is located in two different continents
- Istanbul is divided in two parts by the Marmara Sea. Almost the half of the city is located in the Asian Continent and the other half is in the European Continent. Two continents are connected each other by two big bridges. One of them is Bosphorus Bridge and the other is Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge. Another way to travel from one side to the other is taking the ferries which are really enjoyable to travel with.
- You can enjoy the most beautiful views while looking at Bosphorus When you choose a hotel accommodation, pick one with a Bosphorus view from the room's balcony if possible. If not, go to some restaurant with this beautiful view and have your dinner while watching the perfect scenery.
- The hospitality of Turkish people This can be considered as a general reason to visit Turkey, not only Istanbul. Turkish people are very friendly in general. Most of them speak English more or less. You can make very good friends here. It is easy to meet people in Istanbul and even if you travel to Istanbul alone, you will never feel lonely.
- Tasting Turkish Food Turkish kitchen has many different tastes and while traveling around Turkey you can enjoy every taste in its place but fortunately in Istanbul you can find all in one. There are thousands of restaurant with every possible kind of food and at a different price range.
- The Crazy Nightlife in Istanbul If you are young or if you are feeling young, Istanbul has a very animated night life, the city has more than one center and every center has many different kinds of night time activities. The most popular area for an affordable night is Taxim area but there are many more things to do and places to go!
- Getting to know the culture of Islam Muslim culture is completely different than Christian culture and it is a strict one. In general terms it is interesting to know it but if you try to learn it where people is radical about religioni it might be difficult and sometimes even dangerous. But in a country like Turkey with a moderate religion idea, it is enjoyable. The wide history of the city and the historical monuments! The history of Istanbul is very old and interesting. As a result of this wide history, it has many historical remains that are priceless. Most interesting places to see are; The Topkapi PalaceUnderground CisternSanta Sophia Museum The antic Hippoddrome The Blue Mosque The Grand Bazaar and The Spice Bazaar
It is highly recommended to take a city tour in Istanbul if you do not want to wait in long queues.