The Best Pizza in Chicago
When you think of Chicago, what comes to mind? That’s right! Pizza, pizza, and more pizza! For that reason, here are the top choices in the best pizza in Chicago so that you don’t miss out when you visit the Windy City:
1. Giordano’s: If you have ever visited Chicago, this is the restaurant at the top of everyone’s list with several locations throughout the city. You will find literally the best deep dish pizza anywhere in Chicago, but you may have to pre-order because there is normally a long wait. Go figure!
2. Trattoria Pizzeria Roma: This is a truly authentic Italian pizza joint with deliciously crispy pizza that you can smell from the street. This can also double as a fine dining establishment with valet parking available, as well as a beautiful outdoor patio if you want to have your slice of pizza al fresco.
3. The Art of Pizza: This is a restaurant in a tiny strip mall that is literally a hole in the wall, but it has pizza that is so delicious that people come for miles to have it. Whether you would like a cheese stuffed crust, a thin crust, or even the classic deep dish style that is traditional to Chicago, you can have all of that and more with plenty of toppings to choose from. Simply heavenly.
4. Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria: This is definitely an Italian name that you can trust, and many people feel that this restaurant offers the best deep dish style of pizza in all of the Chicago area. If you have room for dessert, you can also try the one-of-a-kind chocolate chip pizza.
5. Pizza D.O.C.: This is a fantastically authentic Chicago pizza place that uses wood burning ovens to create thin and crispy pizza pies. The toppings are both traditional and exotic, whether you would like arugula, cherry tomatoes, shrimp, or just plain pepperoni.
These descriptions probably have your mouth watering by now, and authentic pizza in itself is one more reason to visit Chicago!