The Best Hotels of 2010
This year's list of the best hotels around the world features resorts and hotels in exotic destinations with state of the art facilities, gorgeous natural landscapes and feature plenty of activities for families to enjoy. These hotels have redefined luxury in every way and ensure that guests walk away with rejuvenated minds and uplifted souls.
- Hotel Santa Caterina, Amalfi Coast – Lose yourself in the breathtaking scenery of the Amalfi Coast, which combines the calming blue of the Mediterranean Sea, carefully cultivated olive groves and luscious fruit orchards. Guests can choose from 66 rooms with beautiful décor and there is even a Romeo & Juliet chalet for honeymooners. The guests swear by the natural charm of the place and have high praise for the staff who go out of their way way to make a holiday special. Choose to relax with a variety of in-house massages and treatments, work up a sweat in the gym or simply relax by the water. The fantastic food served here promises to be a treat for the taste buds.
- Camp Okavango, Botswana – A holiday here is an experience unlike what a traveler would normally associate with a hotel. Guests stay in custom African style safari tents which are placed on raised teak platforms or can stay in the Okavango Suite which is a thatched cottage. There is a cocktail bar here, a wildlife reference library for nature lovers and an open air dining room which pays homage to the true spirit of Africa. This place is especially recommended for travelers who enjoy bird-watching as there is a wonderful sundeck here where one can sit for hours without being disturbed. Guests can also go for guided walks on the nearby islands and get close to various animals as well.
- Ciragan Palace Kempinski, Istanbul – The décor of this hotel has won many accolades for being a perfect blend of the East and West. Other than the tall palm trees and gazebos which can be seen outside the hotel, the main attraction here is a waterfront infinity pool. Beside lavish rooms and suites, the hotel offers different packages for travelers all year round. Guests can experience the true class of Turkish cuisine and relax in the well-known bar in the hotel as well. Do not forget to enjoy a world class spa treatment, a massage or a dip in the Turkish bath during your stay here.
- Oberoi Udaivillas, India – The city of Udaipur in Rajasthan was blamed for its magnificent palaces and lakes, which were once the haunt of royalty. The Oberoi Udaivillas pays homage to rich Indian traditions by its outstanding hospitality and by keeping Indian culture alive. Fountains, lush gardens, huge courtyards and magnificent architecture reminiscent of the era gone by are just a few highlights guests can expect. Guests are greeted with a warm welcome and the rooms here have huge terraces with private swimming pools. The hotel serves the best in Indian as well as International cuisine. Guests have an opportunity to learn yoga, begin the morning with meditation sessions or go for tours around the city. A short holiday here promises to be a real treat for travelers from all over the world.
- Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong – This hotel has a high rating because of its legendary service, guest facilities and fantastic location. Visitors who come here can make a short trip to Macau which is just a ferry ride away. The guestrooms and suites have been exclusively designed by Peter Remedios and the hotel boasts of the largest rooms, as compared to its competitors. Besides being high on comfort, the rooms also have the latest technology to give guests a wonderful experience. The hotels boasts a 25,000 sq ft spa, an indoor swimming pool, vitality pools, steam rooms as well as a spa boutique. Fitness enthusiasts are certain to enjoy the Pilates and Yoga studios here as well. Children will enjoy the special services that the hotel has just for their entertainment.