"Sandwich Maker Grill Recipes" – Pizza Pocket Sandwiches, an Alternative to Peanut Butter and Jelly
Electric Sandwich maker grills are a quick and easy alternative to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. If you family is like mine, pizza is a favorite, but homemade pizza takes hours and some planning. Ordering out is very convenient, but it can be expensive. Especially when everyone wants different toppings.
An electric sandwich maker grill is a way to make everyone happy. Combine sandwiches with pizza and you get pizza sandwiches. The best way to do it, is to put out the toppings and have a "make your own" party. Everyone gets a custom made grill pizza sandwich. Younger children can do this with help and older kids can do this on their own.
It is so simple that if you get a sandwich grill and keep ingredients in the fridge, your teenagers can do this for a snack after school. Your kids will love this and mom gets a break. This is great for an activity and dinner.
Grill Pizza Pocket Sandwiches
- pizza sauce
- pepperoni (optional)
- Get 2 pieces of bread and spread sauce on one piece. Do not get it on the bridges or it will not seal very well.
- Then place your cheese slices on the op of the sauce.
- Place pepperoni or whatever toppings you desire on the cheese.
- Place the other piece of bread on top like a sandwich.
- Spread butter lightly on both sides of the sandwich.
- Place the sandwich in the sandwich maker grill and cook.
The pizza sandwiches will be very hot inside, so allow to cool for 3-5 minutes.
Sandwich Maker Grill Fruit Pies
- fruit pie filling
- Take 2 pieces of bread and put a couple tablespoons of pie filling on one of the slices.
- Place the other slice on top like a sandwich.
- Spread a light amount of butter on each side of the sandwiches.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon on the out side of the sandwich.
- Place sandwiches in the sandwich maker grill and cook.
Be sure to let it cool as it is very hot inside and enjoy your desert pies!