Manchester's Top 10 Family Restaurants
For kid-friendly restaurants, Manchester has many options. Eating out with the children need not be an unpalatable carnival of fast food and cartoon-like decor. Here are ten top picks for great family meals.
1. Sapporo Teppanyaki, 91-93 Liverpool Road. This Japanese eatery is one of the best restaurants in Manchester and kid-friendly to boot. Interactive and entertaining chefs prepare dinner at table with a flair that's sure to mesmerise the little ones.
2. The Olive Press, 4 Lloyd Street. Toddlers eat free at this classic Italian eatery with create-your-own pizza and classic Italian dishes. The Olive Press received the Pride Of Manchester Award in 2009 for Most Family Friendly Bar and Grill.
3. Tampopo, 16 Albert Square. This east Asian noodle bar is perfect for a quick lunch or meals on the go. A wide selection of veggies and noodles affords many choices for picky kids, and the eatery has won numerous rewards for kid-friendly service.
4. Kebabish, 49 Hilton Street. Kebabish is the place for healthy and satisfying Turkish-style fast food, including vegetarian selections, at very affordable prices. It's an excellent choice when you want something different, but do not have time for a sit-down meal.
5. Zouk Teabar & Grill, The Quadrangle, Unit 5, Chester Street. This kid-friendly Indian restaurant gets high marks all over the web. Sunday afternoon is dedicated to little ones with a supervised play area and made-to-order meals. Zouk is a short walk from downtown and numerous Manchester hotels.
6. Sam's Chop House, 19 Black Pool Fold. Do not miss Sam's for basic but brilliant British pub food. The menu includes seafood, chops, poultry, fish and chips, corned-beef hash, sandwiches, and yummy deserts.
7. St. Petersburg, 46 Sackville Street. With multi-course kid's meals of burgers and pancakes for £ 5.95, this Russian restaurant features a wide selection of goulash and stroganoff entrees with authentic Russian-style entertainment on weekends.
8. Croma, City Center, 1-3 Clarence Street. This highly rated and reasonably priced pizza and pasta eatery is perfect for lunch when kids meals run £ 4.95. The kids menu doubles as a coloring page and crayons are provided.
9. Michael Caines at ABode, 107 Piccadilly. Award-winning European cuisine is now perfect for families with the innovative grazing menu. Kids can select a la carte gourmet entrees in small sizes and at small prices. The eatery is conveniently located in the lower level of ABode Hotels, Manchester.
10. Nandos, The Quadrangle, Chester Street. Recommended by airline pilots (a can not miss endorsement), Nandos is said to have the best Portuguese food in the world. Kids get an activity pack to keep them entertained, and the cuisine is mild enough for tender palates.
All eateries get consistently high reviews. Most are located in the heart of Manchester, convenient to tourist attractions and Manchester hotels .