Healthy Pizza Recipes
Healthy pizza recipes are easily available even if you use the traditional ingredients contained in most recipes. But there is much more to consider. In my view pizza is a complete meal and a great source of healthy nutrition for children and adults alike.
There are no nutrition problems when eating pizza but you must follow some simple guidelines. It is no secret that overeating is the real undering issue not the pizza itself. In fact most pizza recipes contain great sources of all food groups which nutritionists recommend to us for a healthy diet.
Here are some simple guidelines to follow when choosing your pizza recipe.
- Use fresh ingredients especially especially herbs and spices.
- Prepare your own sauces from fresh ingredients especially vegetables and herbs, like tomato, eggplant, basil and onions.
- Use the best quality olive oil where it is called for.
- Use cheese sparingly. Do not fall into the trap of using too much cheese as this contributes most to the fat content of your pizza. Be restrained! Let the other ingredients and delicious flavors come through.
- Remember to have a balanced approach when constructing your pizza. This means making sure that the cheese does not drown out the other ingredients. There is nothing better than tasting the fresh basil, the sumptuous tomato and the delicious eggplant.
There are a few secrets of the trade in making your own pizza; once you know them, it is not hard to make your own and it takes very little time. In fact, after you make it a few times you'll wonder why you made such a big deal out of it.
I have put together a collection of delicious pizza recipes over the years which have given me great joy. I am not overweight mainly because I eat pizza in moderation and use the best combination of delicious fresh and innovative ingredients.
I have learned that you can use seasonal ingredients of almost any kind to create new pizza recipes every year. Would you believe that my kids enjoy fruit pizza for dessert? Well, it's true. I have used pizza recipes to introduce new tastes to my children. When they were related to try Lima beans for example, it was a revelation to me that just put a few on a pizza was a great way to let them taste something new and learn to enjoy it. Naturally I used some complementary ingredients to enhance the flavor but it sure worked.