Christmas Turkey Recipe
Christmas is a time when one is seen experimenting with various recipes. Old recipes are personalized and made more delicious. However, one is mostly seen trying out new recipes. It is fun to try out new dishes during the holidays. And there can be no better season to experiment with new recipes, than the holiday season of Christmas. As far as the preparation of turkey is concerned, it is being cloaked in various ingredients for a contemporary look. The Christmas Turkey recipes are being modified time and again.
Cooking turkey is no doubt time consuming and for the perfect preparation you have to have a lot of patience. Be precise and follow the step by step procedure; you will surely be successful in your endeavor. Given below are two simple Christmas turkey recipes. They can be easily prepared and does not take much time and effort.
Lemon and Bay Basted turkey:
· 1 turkey with the giblets removed
· 100g of butter
· 1 sliced lemon
· 6 bay leaves
- First pre heat the oven to 190 degree Celsius. Soften 100g of butter in a bowl at room temperature. Put your fingers under the turkey breast to loosen it.
- Spread the softened butter under the skin of the turkey, lay the sliced lemon under the skin along with the bay leaves and cover the turkey in a foil.
- Roast it and before the 30 minutes of the cooking time ends, remove the foil and cut the remaining 2 lemons in half and roast it again for another 30 minutes.
- Allow the Turkey to stand for 15-20 minutes before you carve.
More Christmas turkey recipes :
Honey and Spiced Glazed turkey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 (15-pound) turkey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- First preheat the oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit. In a separate bowl mix chili powder, garlic powder, allspice, cumin, salt, red pepper, honey and water until it is well mixed.
- Remove the neck and giblets from the body and neck cavities of turkey. Drain out all the juices from the turkey and place the turkey with its breast up, on a flat roasting pan. Smear the turkey with oil.
- Roast it in the preheated oven for a total of 3 h hours. Make sure you cover the breast and top of drumsticks loosely with foil to prevent overcooking.
- Remove the foam and brush it with the honey spiced mixture before the 45 minutes of the total cooking time ends. Cover the Turkey with foil and continue roasting.
- Allow the turkey to stand for 15 minutes before carving.