3 Delicious Tofu Recipes That You Should Try On Sunday
Sweet Chili Tofu:
Sweet chili tofu is an easy dish to cook. And it also goes well with rice. We suggest you use Firm Tofu or Extra Firm Tofu to prepare the recipe.
• Firm Tofu/ Extra Firm Tofu (Diced)
• Olive Oil
• Bell pepper (Red/green)
• Sweet Chili Sauce (From supermarkets)
1. Add cornstarch, salt, and paper in a bowl. Then coat the tofu in it.
2. Get ready with your preheated pan and fry them with olive oil for about five minutes until they are slightly brown. And keep them on the side.
3. On the same pan add pepper and onion and dry fry them for about 2-4 mins until it gets soft.
4. Add tofu to the pan. Cook it for another two minutes.
5. Then get a serving bowl and pour sweet chili sauce to it.
Your sweet chili tofu is ready to serve as it takes only 10-15 minutes to cook. You can enjoy it with the white rice or brown rice.
This recipe is one of my favorites. Though you need lots of ingredients to make the recipe, still it’s so easy to cook. This recipe is Jamaican Inspired Jerk Tofu.
• 1 Red Onion
• 1 Jalapeño
• 1 Spring Onion
• Garlic (Few Cloves)
• Brown sugar (2 tablespoons)
• Vinegar (Apple Cider/ White Vinegar)
• Thyme Leaves (half teaspoon)
• Ground Cloves (half teaspoon)
• Cinnamon Powder (half teaspoon)
• Ground Allspice (half teaspoon)
• Ground Nutmeg (half teaspoon)
1. Chop all the vegetables.
2. Get a blender or food processor to blend all the ingredients to make it smooth.
3. Add all the spices to the blender.
4. Cut your Extra Firm Tofu into steak shape and lay them on the plate.
5. Add the jerk marinade over the tofu.
6. Keep it in the fridge for 10 minutes to overnight.
7. Get a frying pan. And fry marinated tofu in low medium heat pan for about 4-5 minutes until they become golden brown.
Note: Your jerk tofu is ready to taste. You can also use a grill pan for a smoky flavor. You can heat up the rest of the jerk marinade sauce for an extra. You can serve it with the rice or sauté broccoli. Jerk tofu is yummy, and it’s worth adding to your vegan meal preparation.
So, you can try this meal for vegan barbecue.
Tofu Lettuce wrap:
Tofu wrap is one of the purest dishes in vegan meal prep. It will take about 10 to 15 minutes to prepare. It’s 100% delicious and simple to make. So, it’s a Great go-to meal.
• Water Chestnuts (drained and diced)
• Spring Onion
• Minced Garlic and Onion Paste
• Soya Sauce
1. Throw everything in a hot pan cook them until the tofu starts to look like golden brown. Make sure to keep the heat over medium.
2. Add a dash of soya sauce to the pan (in the last minute)
3. Now fill the lettuce with cooked tofu.
The tofu wrap is ready to enjoy. If you like, you can add carrots, avocado, mushrooms, and peppers to the ingredients. You can also add some sauce (like sweet chili sauce, stir fry sauce, barbecue sauces) to the wrap.